Saturday 2 November 2013

FOREVER AND A YEAR MORE

Hey blue bloods, it's another POSH afternoon. Hope your week has been great? Welcome to November and Happy Belated Birthday to my POSH editor and all "Novie celebs". Speaking of, we are almost done with 2013...how quick?! We have a feature today, something quite different from what we are used to (I'm happy some of you are truly SPICING IT UP...keep it coming :) )

Poetry is good for the soul, it could be therapeutic, it could be a message, it could be funny, it could make you reflect...it serves many purposes, so sit back, relax and enjoy this debut poem from one of us...

I know Ill be scared this day,
Looking down that well-laid flowered pathway,
Thinking, is this the right choice?
Will it last forever?
Or should I wait a year more?

I know Ill be scared this minute,
One step at a time,
Feeling like the whole worlds shaking under me,
And then I ask myself,
Is this how its supposed to feel?
Should I be confused?
Or should I wait a year more?

I know I should be scared this second,
But when I look straight up to her gleaming eyes,
Her wonderfully crafted smile,
I tell myself,
She has always been the right choice,
And it will definitely last forever and a year more.

                                                                                    -Joel

Reading this poem again...and again, made me realise something...reflect and decide what this means to you and remember to have fun and enjoy the seemingly simple stuff.
Loads of love....xoxo.

Photo credit: http://i.lv3.hbo.com/assets/images/documentaries/a-childs-garden-of-poetry/slideshows/a-childs-garden-of-poetry-04-1024.jpg

2 comments: