Saturday 14 December 2013

DON'T PASS THE BULK!


Hey blue bloods, how was your week? Mine was great…got to learn new things. I hope yours was too. 11 days to Christmas…yay! I remember when I was younger and it was all about the food, the hair and the decorations. Now, it’s about spending time with the people I love and ultimately, the One who loves me. We shall be discussing a topic which I feel we can all relate to…or most of us. Kick back and enjoy.

In my short life, I have wondered why I get frustrated making some people around me happy. You know when you jump to the rescue (Superman/woman), wanting to be there for a dying friend, sick colleague…just show you that you have their back…not that it’s a bad thing, it just needs to be managed because there’s just that likeliness inside us that tends to take advantage of or take for granted. In the past week I have listened to one of my favourite teachers and I have started to realise the bulk is not on me.

Have you ever been at that point where you feel like no matter what you do, it’s not just enough? Or you end up with the shorter end of the stick? Another teacher of mine said, “Be careful of high maintenance people, no matter what you do, it’s never enough.” You have to know just like I know now that we are not responsible for other people’s happiness. You can make someone happy but you are not responsible for keeping the person happy. That my love, is a function of choice and not the equivalent of love like we misunderstand. So do what you can but don’t let someone give you grief because they aren’t being responsible for their happiness. They most likely have other deep seated issues which they have to sort out first and they will suck the happiness out of you in that contagious mood swing. Sometimes, it’s good to be there from a distance.

I’m not trying to discredit some of us that are dependent on other people to make us happy. I was there once and I did not feel free until I realised that me being happy was a function of me deciding to be happy. In effect, I became less disappointed in people. We all go through stuff (if that’s the excuse you are about to throw in my face)…we’ll all go through more stuff and life is too short. So take your pick? Option A- Live your life, constantly being sad and frustrating others around you or Option B- Seize life and be happy.

Remember, enjoy the moments, every day is a gift from God. Have a great weekend.
Loads of love blue bloods…xoxo

Photo credit: http://quotesstack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/happinesswithin.png

No comments:

Post a Comment