Saturday 11 January 2014

THE RESOLUTION...


Hello Blue Bloods, Happy New Year! I hope you caught up on loads of fun. Fortunately (I would say), it’s back to work, or school and back to making sure those New Year resolutions work.

Like I stated in my last post, I have luggage of lessons learnt in the past year and looking back, I would say "I am not the same person" I was 365 days ago, I am not “there” yet but I have taken a number of steps. Like all New Year resolutions we make, we end up not keeping a large percentage of them or maybe the whole thing. Then, we begin to lose ourselves to depression and that sense of failure that comes lurking. Well, next time it comes, just say “Been there, done that”, and move on. After all, what did those feelings do for you? If not make you feel bad and hopeless. The trick is, it doesn’t have to be termed a New Year Resolution. On the evening of the 31st, my mum asked me, “What’s the difference between today and tomorrow?” I answered wittily, “Well, today is 2013 and tomorrow is 2014.” Later, when I thought about it, I realised there actually isn’t much difference. It’s the same amount of hours and seconds that will go by, it was also a Tuesday and the next day (The New Year) would be another Wednesday.

Now, I am not underestimating the need to set goals for ourselves in this new season but there are a number of things I want to draw out from the above narrative. First, we do not have to wait till a New Year to do and “undo” something. Second, let’s say we have a resolution in place already, if we didn’t keep it, we don’t have to wait till 1st January, 2015 to get back on track. Third, we don’t have to feel bad because we didn’t keep it, whether we made this resolution on the 1st of January or the 20th of June, there is a common denominator and that is determination.

With that being said, we shouldn’t spend our lives in regret of what we didn’t achieve yesterday, there’s always today, to do and “undo”. Every day, we are given the gift of another chance, to start afresh, on a clean slate but the challenge is most of us stay in the past, clutching on to it, ever so tightly. What we all need is determined determination and a forward perspective.


Loads of love and I pray we achieve all and more than we set to achieve. Enjoy the moment…Xoxo.
Many thanks to Mebrock for hooking me up with this new POSH wallpaper.

Photo Credit: http://1b9m613yi0qa0r935crzosac.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/no-resolve.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment